15th October 2010
MIGAS is an employer of apprentices and trainees that places them with Participating Training Companies (Hosts) for the duration of their Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
MIGAS makes it easy for you to be an apprentice or trainee. We offer rewarding careers in a wide range of industries, and make sure you stay in a job at all times.
- Advertise apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities (in accordance with the Host companies)
- Conduct initial interviews
- Organise your placement into a Host company where you will complete your on-the-job training
- Organise your formal theory training, whether it be at TAFE or in the workplace
- Pay you on a weekly basis for the hours you work
- Take care of worker’s compensation, Superannuation and process your leave
- Supply some uniforms and boots and help you with tools (conditions apply)
- Regularly asses your performance and progression, and make sure you’re keeping on track
- Rotate you to other workplaces so you get the experience you need in your chosen qualification
- Ensure you stay in a workplace at all times if possible, especially if your Host doesn’t have enough work for you
- Give you quality advice the entire way and are there to make your experience uncomplicated