OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATE III (BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION)
A Business Administration traineeship will provide opportunities to obtain skills in producing texts, creating databases, electronic presentations, undertaking financial activities, as well as maintaining workplace safety.
Skills gained can include:
- organising personal work priorities;
- producing business documents;
- maintaining financial records;
- maintain business documents; and
- processing payrolls.
A trainee undertaking a Business Administration traineeship may perform the following tasks:
- sort and distribute incoming mail to areas and staff within the organisation, and dispatch outgoing mail;
- type business letters, reports or office memoranda using word-processing programs
- answer telephone enquiries from cust;omers, attend to visitors and assist other staff in the organisation with their enquiries;
- operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers and faxes;
- file papers and documents so that they can be easily found when needed; and
- undertake other duties such as banking, data entry, invoicing or assist with payroll functions.
Business Administration trainees may work in large, medium and small firms. The industry may vary from large legal firm to a small engineering workshop. They either work one on one or in a team with other administrative staff, professional and technical staff, and trades people.
This traineeship is offered in a Certificate II & III for 12 months full time, with training provided on the job.
- Good communication skills are a must
- Good people skills
- Good presentation
- Willing to work in a team environment
- A happy and “want to help” attitude is also required
- Good organization skills
- Some computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure