MIGAS makes the management of apprentices and trainees easy.
MIGAS is the legal employer of the apprentice or trainee, so we have a vested interest in their apprenticeship/ traineeship and make sure the process is easy for you, the Participating Training Company, and the apprentice/trainee.
For companies wanting to host an apprentice/trainee, we:
- Advertise and recruit applicants (this service costs you nothing!);
- Interview, test and pre-screen (this service costs you nothing!);
- Short list apprentices and trainees to meet your specifications (this service costs you nothing!);
- Induct (this service costs you nothing!);
- Cover administration and Government paperwork;
- Organise the payroll and allowances;
- Provide uniforms, boots and basic PPE;
- Co-ordinate TAFE training;
- Look after Worker’s Compensation, any HR or IR difficulties and Superannuation;
- Take care of Leave and Public Holidays;
- Monitor progress and assess performance of the apprentice/trainee from commencement to completion (this service costs you nothing!); and
- Mentor the apprentice/trainee throughout their Australian apprenticeship/traineeship (this service costs you nothing!).
All for one simple hourly cost! MIGAS invoices you on a weekly basis for the hours that your apprentice/trainee works.
What does it take to be a Participating Training Company (Host)?
Any company, large or small, can be a Participating Training Company so long as there is the opportunity for training while the apprentice/trainee undertakes work.
- You do not have to currently employ apprentices or trainees.
- You may already have an apprentice or trainee but you are not sure about future work – we can employ them as a MIGAS apprentice/trainee and rotate them to other companies as necessary.
- You may be able to provide some aspects of the required training but not the whole training plan – in this case, we can rotate the apprentice/trainee to other companies as necessary also.
- You may want to realise the achievement of passing on your skills and knowledge to our future trades people.
We are already in strong partnership alliances with:
“We have found MIGAS supportive from the first point of contact.” – Malcolm Ovenden, Hills Air-conditioning, Liverpool NSW.
“We appreciate the fact MIGAS is always readily available for discussion and appreciate how high your professionalism is. We are impressed by your thorough knowledge, cooperation and loyalty.” – KANE Electrical & Communications Pty Ltd, Tuggerah NSW.
“Staff at MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees are reliable, friendly and always deliver great customer service. We have always been able to rely on their flexible and courteous service.” – Sasi Virtanen, Worthington BMW, Gosford NSW.
“They have conducted business in a professional, personal manner ensuring our needs are met at all times. The simplicity in hosting a MIGAS apprentice is attractive to any employer.” – Danny Tubman, Southern Engineering Services, Port Kembla NSW.
“I have always found the staff from MIGAS to be very efficient and thorough when dealing with both TAFE and us… We will continue using MIGAS for all our future apprentices.” – Brian Barker, Sunshine Coast Council, Sunshine Coast QLD.
“We have used other providers in the past, and now have a long-standing relationship with MIGAS. They have taken the time to get to know our industry, and more importantly our business, to ensure the apprentices they find are suitable to our business.” – Jamie Currie, Arborglen, Glenorie NSW.
The strength of our brand and the measure of our service is illustrated by these testimonials. We would love to assist you and educate you on how to employ an apprentice through us.