Why do a Warehousing Traineeship?
Working in warehousing and logistics on the surface may not appear to be the most tantalising career path, but when you take a closer look at the job it becomes far more interesting. If you take up a Warehousing Traineeship with MIGAS, don’t expect to be doing the same thing day in day out... you won’t just be operating a forklift or packing a pallet, most warehousing professionals will be cross-trained to perform a myriad of tasks.
THESE TASKS INCLUDE:
- Receiving and dispatching goods/materials
- Assemble finished goods
- Customer service - both over the phone and in the warehouse
- Processing counter sales and customer phone orders
- Organising shipments with couriers
- Picking and packing orders
- Accurate data entry and stocktake
- Deliveries to customers in a company work vehicle
- Manual handling and distribution of items
But what about the job itself? Who would this appeal to? Well, if you’re the type of person that likes order and structure to everything, a career in warehousing and logistics could be perfect for you. You’ll become an expert in managing large amounts of stock and ensuring it is accurately packaged, stored and transported. Imagine it as the ultimate form of Tetris!
Learn more from current MIGAS trainees by checking out our Warehousing Traineeships playlist on Youtube.
THE BEST PARTS
For someone just leaving school or someone looking to change careers, warehousing offers the quickest journey from being a beginner to becoming a pro. A traineeship takes 12 to 24 months for you to become a fully qualified worker with an excellent starting wage. Not only that but by doing your traineeship with MIGAS you will have access to:
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor
- Free uniforms and PPE (this includes safety gear like boots, goggles and ear protection)
- Opportunity to obtain a Forklift licence
- Your education is taken care of... in fact, you'll earn money while you are learning
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards