Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again; or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mobile Plant Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
You will have the support of expert tradesmen to develop the skills to repair, maintain and service a variety of construction site equipment, such as dozers, diggers and loaders. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to travel to the Eastern Creek site to gain broader experience.
This position is located in Granville and you will be hosted with a leading multi franchised National Distributor of construction equipment and cranes.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Opportunity to secure a longtime career post apprenticeship
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work and mechanical aptitude. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress
- Completed year 12
- P1 licence with own car
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday as well as some Saturday Mornings
Applicants with a mechanical background in automotive or with heavy machinery will be highly regarded.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Mobile Plant Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/