Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Gain the technical skills to safely and effectively replace and repair bus and vehicle body panels and fittings with this Automotive Manufacturing Apprenticeship.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Automotive Manufacturing Technician and earn your Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus, Truck and Trailer
You will develop the skills in fabrication of components including welding, fiber glassing and other manufacture techniques for customization of new buses and vans for use in emergency services.
This position is located in Moorebank and you will be hosted with a premier specialised vehicle conversion company, building bespoke, customised, engineered vehicular solutions for a large range of clients. These include many government departments such as Defence and Emergency Services, Including ambulance, police, fire & rescue, Traffic Management Centre and State Emergency services.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a mechanically minded individual with a strong work ethic and a commitment to developing a long-term career within the Automotive manufacturing industry. You will be enthusiastic to learn, willing to follow instructions and have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Automotive Manufacturing Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/