1st, 2nd or 3rd Year Mechanical Fitter Apprenticeship
Completing your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your MEM30219 Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade.
The role will be workshop based and you will be assembling and testing new hydraulic pumps, valves and motors while working with experienced tradespeople and furthering the skills and experience you have gained previously.
You will be hosted by our Huntingwood-based client that is a world-class provider of mobile hydraulic and electrification products and solutions.
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
The person we're looking for must have an excellent work ethic, a willingness to continue their learning path and excellent communication skills.
Ideally our client is looking for a 2nd or 3rd year mechanical fitter apprentice that has worked in a manufacturing environment and has gained competency in lathe and mill operation as well as welding skills and is looking to diversify their current skills and experience.
They would look at someone who is a first year, however due to the type of hydraulic work they do you may need to be rotated to a new host at the end of your second year to gain the necessary experience to complete your apprenticeship.
You will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Good safety awareness
- Up to date TAFE transcripts
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen with an eligible work visa.
MIGAS Apprentices & Trainees has been providing quality Australian Apprenticeship recruitment and employment services since 1988.
At MIGAS, diversity is more than a pledge; it is the foundation of what we do. We are committed to equality and celebrate diversity in all areas, including race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and Women in Trades. MIGAS promotes a diverse working culture in which everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.