Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? A Boilermaker apprenticeship could be what you are looking for.
Undertaking this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified in Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
You will develop the skills in welding, thermal cutting equipment and fabrication techniques to assemble, repair and build different products made of metal or steel. You will work on products for the mining, freight rail, steel making, smelting, transport and other primary industries.
This position is located in Mount Thorley and you will be hosted with leading global manufacturer and supplier of differentiated consumable and capital products to the mining, transport, contract manufacturing and general industrial markets.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship;
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Above award rates
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for motivated and driven applicants,who are passionate about building a career within the fabrication trade. You will be ready to give 110% commitment to completing your trade to the highest standard, be enthusiastic to learn and able to follow instructions as well as take initiative. You will also be able to demonstrate maturity, respect and a ‘safety first’ attitude within an industrial workshop environment.
- Driver's Licence
- Pass a pre-employment medical and Drug/Alcohol
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Boilermaker Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/