Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wanted how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things apart like to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Fitter Machinist Apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Fitter Machinist and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
This role will see you working alongside highly skilled tradespeople to learn a broad range of skills with a variety of hydraulic motors and pumps.
Based in the workshop, you will be involved with tasks such as:
- Stripping, cleaning, inspecting, assembling and testing of hydraulic motors
- General workshop duties, occasional running of job-related errands
- Painting pumps and motors
- Packaging of pumps and motors for transport
This position is located in Kings Park where you will be hosted with a hydraulic component repairer specialising in all pumps, motors, valves and parts.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn!
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The person we're looking for enjoys hard work, has excellent attention to detail and demonstrated aptitude for mathematics. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and has a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- Driver's licence P1 minimum and own vehicle
- Problem solving and mathematical skills
- Mechanical aptitude to use appropriate tools
- Good safety awareness
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Fitter Machinist Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.