- Become a qualified heavy vehicle tradesperson
- Earn while you learn
- Acquire the skills to service and repair heavy commercial vehicles
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a mechanically-minded individual looking to start their apprenticeship. Working full-time, you will be mentored by industry professionals while completing your Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle over three years. Completion of this apprenticeship will allow you to seek employment as Heavy commercial vehicle technicians or Heavy vehicle mechanics.
The successful apprentice will service trucks and trailers in a workshop setting. You will be mentored by industry professionals learning all aspects of the trade, including testing and diagnosis of mechanical parts such engines, brakes, transmission and suspension systems.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work, mechanical aptitude and a genuine interest in working within the heavy vehicle industry. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. In addition to this the ideal candidate will;
- Be open to working Monday to Friday, with a short Saturday shift.
- Have reliable transport to and from work in Erskine Park
- Be required to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug and Alcohol screen
- Be required to undergo and pass a police check
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of your Apprenticeship
Located in Erskine park, this company was founded in 1956 and have grown to become Asia Pacific’s largest privately-owned logistics company, employing more than 24,000 people across 12 countries.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.