Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again, or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming a Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a trade qualified Mobile Plant Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology.
You will be trained to repair, service and maintain a wide variety of heavy earth moving equipment as well as doing new builds, moving the machinery around, washing and detailing them and being taught to order and pick up parts.
Your host is an industrial service organisation that provides sales, hire and service to the construction, mining and engineering trade sectors throughout Australia and is based in South Granville, Western Sydney.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for a MIGAS annual MiScholarship award, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
You will be a team player who has a mechanical aptitude, a good work ethic, a keen willingness to learn and commit to a four-year apprenticeship. Our client would also look at a 2nd or 3rd year apprentice that wants to complete their apprenticeship.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for your chosen trade
- Driver's licence and own vehicle
- Good safety awareness
- Ability to pass a Medical and Drug and Alcohol Test
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Mobile Plant Mechanic Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.