- Achieve a nationally recognised Certificate III in Production Nursery
- Multiple roles commencing January 2019
- Potential to secure a long-term career
Partnered with our client, we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals with a love of plants and working outdoors, looking to start their career in Horticulture. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain on-the-job experience learning from industry professionals with the potential to secure a long-term career. The duration of the apprenticeship is 3 years in which you will complete your Certificate III in Production Nursery.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include: Plant maintenance, pruning trees and shrubs, weeding, watering plants, using chemicals to prevent pests and diseases in the plants - driving tractors and machinery.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has passion or interest working in a horticulture environment and with plants enjoys hard work, love working outdoors. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. In addition to these qualities, you will possess the following requirements:
- Available to commence January 2019
- Have reliable transport to and from work in Glenorie on a fulltime basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with your colleagues
- Willing to work 1 weekend a month (may increase during spring)
- Able to work outdoors in all sorts of weather conditions
Based in Glenorie, on a very large established nursery spread over 55 acres growing Australia’s best range of quality home grown plants.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.