Do you enjoy fabricating or repairing parts for vehicles at home but like the idea of working on larger vehicles. Becoming a Heavy Vehicle Body Building Apprentice could be exactly what you are looking for.
Undertaking this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become qualified in Heavy Vehicle Body Building and earn your Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing Technical Operations - Bus/Truck/Trailer.(AUM30218)
Working alongside skilled tradespeople you will be taught the skills to repair, service and maintain heavy trailers, as well as fabricating trailer components and using power tools and machinery including hydraulic presses.
This position is located in Wetherill Park and you will be hosted with a well-established company with 30-plus years in the industry, manufacturing state of the art and innovative semi-trailers.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We’re looking for candidates who have a good mechanical aptitude, a willingness to listen and learn and are passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field.
Some previous experience would be good however our client is willing to train candidates with a great attitude to the work.
- Reliability and punctuality
- Minimum P plate licence and own vehicle to get to work
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol screen
- Good safety awareness
- COVID-19 vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Heavy Vehicle Body Building Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.