Are you a current 2nd or 3rd year Painting and Decorating apprentice?
Completing your apprenticeship with this company will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Painter and earn your Certificate III in Painting and Decorating.
Working on internal and external heritage buildings, you will continue to build your skills on; Preparing surfaces for paint, selecting and preparing required paints, Brush, roll or spray paint, stains, varnishes and other finishes.
This position will require you to travel to various different sites and locations. You will be hosted with a charitable organisation offering accommodation, catering and activities to schools and community groups for over 30 years.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a motivated 2nd or 3rd year with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys practical and physical work, and who has excellent attention to detail.
- Driver’s license
- Undertake and pass pre-employment medical, Drug and Alcohol screen and Police check
- Undertake Work with Children Check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great Painting and Decorating apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/