Completing your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic and earn your Certificate III Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will develop the skills to repair, service and maintain a fleet of heavy refrigeration vehicles. This extremely varied role will see you performing tasks from replacing a cracked headlight through to transmission, engine and suspension work.
This position is located in Ormeau, Qld where you will be hosted with a national market leader in the field of refrigerated logistics, with clients including major grocery stores, industrial manufacturers and exporters.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We're seeking a mechanically minded individual who is reliable, safety conscious, and has a passion for working on vehicles. You must have good communication skills, be a team player and willing to work in a busy workshop with a diverse range of team members. Someone with a HR Truck licence would be ideal but if not you must be willing to get one.
- Driver’s licence, must be manual
- Able to undertake and pass pre-employment medical, Drug and Alcohol screen and Police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great heavy vehicle mechanic apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter-that-gets-noticed/