- Continuing apprenticeship opportunity
- Based in Preston
- Join BOC - Australia and New Zealand’s largest gas solutions company
Continue working towards your Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (MEM30205) through this continuing apprenticeship opportunity. If you are a 2nd year mechanical apprentice or above this is the chance to complete your apprenticeship with valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with BOC Australia - the industry leader in industrial gases.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work alongside highly skilled tradesmen to perform repairs and maintenance on gas manufacturing and gas cylinder filling equipment. Based in Preston, you will be working in BOC's gas filling facility and have exposure to their newly installed, modern automation systems.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for mature and motivated candidates who are committed to developing their mechanical trade career and working to complete their apprenticeship. You will take pride in completing all tasks accurately and to a high standard, as well as having an aptitude for mathematics. You will have a passion for mechanical work, an enthusiasm to learn and be willing to go the extra mile to impress.
- Hold a current driver’s licence with your own reliable transport
- Up to date TAFE records and dedication to completing coursework on time
- Have a strong aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Be reliable, self-motivated and willing to work
- Be comfortable to perform physical work in sometimes demanding condition
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory-based training requirements of an apprenticeship
As part of Australia and New Zealand’s largest gas solutions company, BOC provides comprehensive, ongoing maintenance, installation and service support for both their own, and customer-owned gas equipment. They are currently maintaining over 3,000 different types of equipment in the South Pacific region, and all of their installation and service work is carried out according to strict safety standards.
To apply, complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions, please phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants.