Are you tech savvy and fascinated by all things electrical If you have an investigative mind, are a maths whiz with an eye for detail, this Electrical Apprenticeship could be the one for you.
Completing your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Electrician and earn your Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
We are wanting someone who sees safety as a priority, willing to learn new skills and take initiative in their work and learning. This role requires the apprentice to travel from sites, meaning that they need a reliable vehicle and driver's licence.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Applying safety rules and practices to limit hazards and risks
- Carrying out service installations and commissioning as required
- Taking instructions from supervisors and team leaders to perform tasks as required
- Great customer service to create and maintain good relationships with clients
- Ability to understand customers needs and being able to meet them
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The person we are looking for will have completed their 1st and 2nd year of their Electrical Apprenticeship and completed the domestic wiring modules. They will have excellent communication skills, a great willingness to learn and a safety-first attitude. They will have a willingness to travel and reliable transportation and vehicle licence.
- Current 3rd or 4th year apprentice
- Driver's licence (Opens)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol test and Police Check
If you think this could be you apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Electrical Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.