Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wanted how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things apart to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Mechanical Fitter Apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical Trade) (MEM30219).
You will gain skills and experience in assembling dosing pumps and specialised equipment to engineered water treatment packages while working alongside and under the direction of experienced tradespeople.
This position is located in Belrose, North-Eastern Sydney where you will be hosted with a leading manufacturer and supplier of water treatment equipment and control systems.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We’re looking for motivated applicants who have a genuine interest in starting a long-term trade career within the mechanical engineering industry. If you finished your schooling last year and completed a Certificate II in Engineering or have gained some relevant work experience, we would be happy to hear from you.
Our client is also happy to look at 2nd or 3rd year apprentices looking to complete their apprenticeship.
- Valid driver’s licence P1+
- Good communication skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Good safety awareness
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Mechanical Fitter Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.