Are you a current 3rd or 4th year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprentice? Do you love mechanical work and dream of finally becoming fully qualified to service a range of large vehicles? Completing your Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprenticeship with this excellent company could be what you are chasing.
Completing your apprenticeship at this company will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will learn the ins and outs of the service and repair for truck trailers.This extremely varied role will see you performing tasks from repairing diffs, suspension, rego checks and basic auto electrical.
This position is located in Wetherill Park and you will be hosted with a well-established company with thirty-plus years in the industry, manufacturing state of the art and innovative semi-trailers.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a motivated 3rd or 4th year with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys practical and physical work, and who has excellent attention to detail. You will have strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge, and be able to follow directions.
- Current 3rd or 4th year Heavy Vehicle Mechanic apprentice
- Pass Pre-Employment Medical, Drug/ Alcohol screening
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Heavy Vehicle Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/