Have you always had a knack for working on cars and looking to pursue a career within the Mechanical industry? Would you enjoy working within a workshop and being hands on? A great opportunity to kick start your career as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Apprentice!
Undertaking this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become qualified in Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical (AUR31116).
Working alongside skilled tradespeople you will be taught the skills to repair, service and maintain heavy trailers, repair of diffs, suspension, as well as fabricating trailer components, using power tools, machinery including hydraulic presses and basic auto electrical.
This position is located in Wetherill Park and you will be hosted with a well-established company with 30-plus years in the industry, manufacturing state of the art and innovative semi-trailers.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We’re looking for candidates who have a good mechanical aptitude, a willingness to listen and learn and are passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field.
Some previous experience would be ideal, however our client is willing to train candidates with a great attitude to the work.
- Driver’s licence required
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol screen
- Good safety awareness
- Reliable and adaptable to undertake a variety of work
- COVID-19 vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.