Completing your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
You will gain valuable skills focusing on:
- Maintenance and repair of plant and equipment used in a sand quarry including a wash plant
- Breakdown repairs
- Preventative and routine maintenance
The position is located in Mittagong where you will be hosted with a family-owned and operated company that is one of the largest producers and resellers of quarried, recycled and landscape products in New South Wales.
THE BEST BITS
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready and site compliant
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Full-time opportunity post apprenticeship
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for motivated and hardworking applicants who are close to completion and looking for a full-time opportunity post apprenticeship. You will have excellent attention to detail, the ability to show initiative both individually and as part of a team, be enthusiastic to learn, with a ‘safety first’ attitude.
- Current 3rd or 4th Year Mechanical Fitter apprentice
- Up to date with TAFE transcripts
- Valid driver’s licence
- Pass Pre-Employment Medical, Drug/Alcohol screening and Police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Mechanical Fitter Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/