Have you ever pulled apart an engine just to put it back together again; or have you ever wanted the chance to change from working on your car to something a lot bigger? Becoming Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprentice could be what you are chasing.
Undertaking this Four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and earn your Certificate III in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technology.
You will learn the ins and outs of servicing and repairing the mechanical parts of road transport vehicles, such as the engine, transmission, and suspension systems.
This position is located in Erskine Park and you will be hosted with an international logistics firm with a longstanding Australian heritage that is the national leader in their field.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship;
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS; and
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work, mechanical aptitude and a genuine interest in working within the heavy vehicle industry. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress.
We also welcome current 2nd or 3rd year applicants.
- Pass Pre-Employment Medical, Drug/Alcohol screening and Police check
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Heavy Vehicle Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/