- Thriving industry with progression opportunities
- Mobile Role – every day is different
- A community involved business with 35+ years’ experience
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (UEE32211) through a 4-year apprenticeship. Gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this well established, local host employer. During your apprenticeship you’ll work on selecting components, installations, testing, fault finding, repairs and maintenance of refrigeration systems and equipment that apply to food storage and preservation, as well as air-conditioning and air distribution equipment in buildings and premises.
In this apprenticeship you’ll be starting out by:
- Assisting Tradespeople with service, maintenance, installation, and repair work
- Learning specialised work on chillers, ducted and cooling systems
- Servicing refrigeration and air-conditioning systems and refrigeration pressure checking
- Installations of parts such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, air filters, switches and gauges
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for motivated and hardworking applicants who are passionate about Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning. This apprenticeship is site based so you need to be well presented and happy with customer interaction, take pride in your work, and be prepared to work hard and go the extra mile. You need to be a team player who recognises the importance of collaboration but also have the ability to work independently and show initiative. In addition to these qualities, you will possess the following requirements:
- Manual Drivers Licence
- White card
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Have strong comprehension of English and Mathematics
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday
Having completed an Air Conditioning or Electrical Pre-Voc course or if you have experience labouring or working as a trades assistant, we encourage you to apply.
Our client is a premium commercial air-conditioning and refrigeration specialist servicing Mackay and surrounding areas. A family established business with 35+ years’ experience in the local industry with a dedicated focus on service, quality, and training.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.