Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to working with plumbing, metal and electrical but can’t decide which is for you? An Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration apprentice could be the challenge and variety you’re looking for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic and earn your Cert III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration.
You will develop the skills to install, service, maintain and repair air-conditioning and refrigeration systems commercial, industrial and domestic environment.
This position is located in Rockhampton and you will be hosted with a brilliant company that prides itself on its local focus and expertise within the Rockhampton region.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
A team player with excellent communication skills, good customer service and an organised approach to work.
Ambitious and positive individuals with a good attitude and a genuine passion for the industry who can show their initiative to get tasks done independently.
- Driver’s license
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great Air-Con and Refrigeration Mechanic!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/