Do you like problem solving, fault finding and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to working with plumbing, metal and electrical but can’t decide which is for you? An Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration apprenticeship could be the challenge and variety you’re looking for!
Undertaking this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician and earn your Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration.
You will learn highly sought after skills to service, set up, test, fault find, repair and maintain HVAC and refrigeration systems and equipment that apply to air-conditioning and air distribution equipment in buildings and premises.
This position is located in Mulgrave, VIC where you will be hosted with a National HVAC Company that provides HVAC, fire and security equipment for buildings.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Carry out maintenance, repairs and installation of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems, major components and associated equipment
- Find and rectify faults in motors and associated controls in refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Install refrigerant pipe work, flow controls and accessories
- Disconnect/reconnect composite appliances connected to low voltage installation wiring
- Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – This apprenticeship is fully funded by the Government. Upon completion you will finish your apprenticeship with a trade qualification
- We will actually pay you to learn!
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL HAVE:
- Own vehicle and manual driver’s licence
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology
- Work experience in the field (highly desirable)
- Dedication to undertaking a 4 year apprenticeship
- Proficient with Maths & English
- Strong commitment to health and safety in the workplace
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to become an Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician and why you are the most suitable candidate for this role.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/