Are you a good problem solver, have a natural talent for maths, and enjoy working with your hands? Are you wanting something with variety and have always been drawn to working with plumbing, metal and electrical but can’t decide which is for you? An Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Apprenticeship could be the challenge and variety you’re looking for!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice while completing your Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
You will be involved in the servicing, installing and repairing of commercial and residential air-conditioning and refrigeration units. Duties will include:
- Attaching piping to refrigeration systems using sleeves, couplings or unions and solder joints to form a complete system
- Drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and thread piping
- Working at heights and confined spaces
- Heavy lifting and climbing ladders
- Servicing – washing and cleaning
This position is located in North Rockhampton where you will be hosted with a locally owned and run refrigeration and air-conditioning business that provides services to a range of sectors including mining, industrial, commercial, education, health and residential projects.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Attributes for the trade:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and not afraid to ask questions
- Ability to work within a small team environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual Driver's Licence
- Previous industry experience advantageous but not essential
- Passion for the trade
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/