Are you fascinated about how things are put together or ever wanted how different machines work? Do you find yourself spending time in the shed, pulling things a part like to see how they work? If you have a natural eye for detail and are good with your hands, becoming a Fitter Machinist apprentice could be for you!
Undertaking apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Mechanical Fitter and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical.
You be developing the skills around programming and operating CNC machines.
This position is located in Chipping Norton and you will be hosted with a company who specializes in Precision General Engineering, CNC Milling, CNC Turning & CNC Horizontal Boring.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for committed and motivated applicants who have a genuine interest in starting a long-term trade career within the Metal and Engineering industry and learning more on the machining side. The person we're looking for enjoys hard work, adaptable and willing to work in a fast paced environment. You will be someone who takes pride in their work and have a strong desire to become fully qualified in this field.
- Current 2nd or 3rd year
- Have strong attention to detail and mechanical /mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrate safety awareness and maturity in an industrial environment
- Up to date Transcripts
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Fitter Machinist Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/