Undertaking this three-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to gain a Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology and become a qualified Spray Painter.
This position is located in Truganina, VIC where you will be hosted with a company that is a market leader in creating and maintaining innovative semi-trailers specifically built to their customers' needs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE LOOKS LIKE
- Read and apply automotive repair instructions
- Prepare spray painting materials and equipment
- Colour match items and remove paint
- Clean and prepare items for painting
- Carry out buffing and polishing
- Alert supervisor of any material shortages that may affect production
- Inspect and report any issues relating to any mechanical failure on plant or equipment
- Manual handling and mechanical handling
- Maintain good housekeeping
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are funded by the Government
- We pay you to learn – Be paid to gain new skills
- Designated MIGAS mentor to support and guide you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys being hands-on working in an automotive environment with meticulous attention to detail. You will also meet the below criteria:
- Have a genuine interest in pursuing a long term career as an automotive spray painter
- Have adept problem-solving skills and a sound ability to work autonomously
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical with drug screening
- Be physically fit and able to manually lift items
- Have reliable transport and driver’s licence
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this role.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.