- Earn while you learn the tools of the trade
- Achieve a nationally recognised Certificate III Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Become a qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Partnered with our client we are looking for a mechanically-minded individual looking to start their apprenticeship in Heavy Commercial Vehicle. Working full-time Monday to Friday, you will be mentored by industry professionals while completing your Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle.On a day-to-day basis, your main responsibilities will to repair, service and installation of heavy vehicle transmissions.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work, mechanical aptitude and a genuine interest in working with heavy vehicles. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress.
In addition to this the ideal candidate will have:
- Reliable transport to Wetherill Park
- Have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks
- Be able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday
- Pride yourself on being on time, every time
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of an Apprenticeship
Applicants with a mechanical background in automotive or with heavy machinery will be highly regarded.
Our client is one of the largest Allison Transmission dealers in Australia and with over 150 years combined experience in the industry. A recognized and reputable repairer of heavy vehicle automatic transmissions, specializing in Allison automatics. Offering exchange transmissions for all on- highway applications and repair all off highway models.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades. At MIGAS
Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.