Gain skills and knowledge required to select and supply automotive parts in the automotive retail, service or repair industry.
Working full-time Monday to Friday, you will be mentored by industry professionals while completing your Certificate III in Automotive Sales over a 2.5-year period. Completion of this traineeship will allow you to work as a parts interpreter in an automotive retail outlet or mechanical service and repair business.
Learn the ins and outs of stock control and administration in relation to automotive replacement parts, as well as vehicle accessories. You will be trained in receiving and filling orders, organising dispatches, customer advice and sales activities, deliveries, and stock replacement.
This position is located in Jamisontown where you will be hosted with a company that is a trade focused automotive aftermarket dealer network that is part of Australia largest independently owned buying group, and experts in the automotive industry with well trained and experienced part interpreters to ensure customers get the right parts.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will finish with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work with mechanical aptitude and a genuine interest in working in the automotive industry. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude, and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress.
- Driver’s licence P1 or above
- Good knowledge of computers
- Strong communication skills
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Automotive Sales Trainee.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/