- Build truck bodies and fit specialised equipment.
- Earning potential of a trade qualified Vehicle Body Builder is $90,000.000+ per year
- Western Sydney region - Wetherill Park location
This full time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Automotive Manufacturing, Technical Operations – Bus, Truck and Trailer via an apprenticeship of up to 48 months’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with this industry leading host employer.
In this rare and exciting opportunity, you will work alongside expert tradesmen in a modern workshop facility to gain the knowledge and skills to build purpose-built truck bodies and fit new HYVA lifting equipment including hydraulic components. Regular overtime is available including Saturdays as required.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to developing a long-term career within the heavy vehicle automotive trade. You will be enthusiastic to learn, willing to follow instructions and have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks.
- Have completed a minimum of Year 10 schooling.
- Hold a current White Card.
- Have a strong comprehension of mathematics and high attention to detail.
- Be reliable for full time working hours as well as overtime as required.
- Take pride in completing all tasks to the highest standard.
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory based training modules of an apprenticeship.
Applicants who have completed pre-trade training and/or work experience within the automotive or metals and engineering fields will be very highly regarded.
Based in Wetherill Park, our premier host employer is the HYVA lifting and waste equipment dealer and distributor for the greater Sydney Metro region. Their core purpose is to set the highest standard of quality and service in the repair, sales and maintenance of truck mounted cranes, mobile plant and equipment. They have invested heavily in a highly skilled workforce and a modern facility that also enables them to take on larger, longer term jobs including major rebuilds.
To apply complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter that prove to us why YOU are the very best candidate for the available opportunity. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, MIGAS strongly encourages applications from, and actively advocates for, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.