Did you have a knack for welding and metalwork during school, or maybe you like spending your free time building and creating projects with your hands? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then a Boilermaking Apprenticeship could be what you’re after!
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering-Fabrication (Boilermaking).
You will get to learn all aspects of boilermaking including welding, fabrication, cutting and shaping of various metals while working in a truck and trailer manufacturing and repair workshop full of experienced tradespeople.
The workshop position is located in Larapinta, Brisbane where you will be hosted with a company that has more than 40 years’ experience fabricating, manufacturing, servicing and repairing truck bodies and trailers.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is ideally looking for someone to start in January 2022 so if you are a Year 12 student who is looking to get into a boilermaking trade next year, this could be what you are looking for.
You must have a genuine passion for boilermaking, be mechanically minded with an ability to retain knowledge, and enjoy problem-solving.
- Own vehicle and driver’s licence to get to work each day
- Good safety awareness
- Reliability and punctuality
- Good mathematics skills
- Certificate II in Engineering an advantage
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Boilermaker Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.