Do you have an eye for detail and work best with your hands? Are you drawn to working with metal and find yourself picturing how things are made and what you would do differently? A Boilermaker Apprenticeship could be what you are looking for.
Undertaking this apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become qualified in Boilermaking and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade.
You will learn the ins and outs of welding and fabrication within a large-scale construction and engineering workshop, hone your skills on exciting infrastructure projects worth millions of dollars, and be trained to the highest standard in the use of all fabrication techniques, welding and thermal cutting equipment.
This position is located in Tomago where you will be hosted with a is a multi-disciplined heavy engineering and construction services provider to the oil and gas, metals and minerals, infrastructure and defence markets.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for motivated applicants who are passionate about building a career within the fabrication trade. You will be ready to give 100% commitment to completing your trade to the highest standard, be enthusiastic to learn, and able to follow instructions as well as take initiative. You will also be able to demonstrate maturity, respect and a ‘safety first’ attitude within an industrial workshop environment.
- White Card
- Driver's licence
- Have strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Pass a pre-employment medical/drug and alcohol screening
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Boilermaker Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – take a look at some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/