Do you enjoy metal work, welding and fabricating/constructing items together from scratch? A Boilermaker Apprenticeship could be exactly what you are looking for!
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering (Boilermaking).
This position is located in Pittsworth, QLD (west of Toowoomba) and you will be hosted with an organisation within the farm support/livestock industry that is one of Queensland’s leading providers of poultry items.
A DAY IN THE LIFE LOOKS LIKE:
- General maintenance on grain handling equipment and conveyor systems
- Fabrication of platforms and handrails, gates and pump bases
- Use of various welding techniques – MIG, TIG, Stick
- Read and interpret drawings
- Ensure a safe and tidy workspace at all times
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government
- We pay you to learn – Gain valuable hands-on training and experience
- Assigned MIGAS mentor who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE to ensure you are job ready and site compliant
After successfully completing, you will gain a nationally recognised qualification and become a highly sought-after tradesperson.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
- Drive and motivation to complete an apprenticeship
- Genuine passion for welding/fabrication
- Construction White Card (preferred)
- Working at Heights (desired)
- Strong problem-solving and mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to undertake study/coursework
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol test
- Computer literate and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
If you believe this opportunity is for you – apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to be a Fitter and Turner and outline any relevant experience to the job.