Undertaking this Four-Year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Boilermaking)
You will learn the ins and outs of/be taught/develop the skills to fabricate, weld, mark out and read drawings to construct, modify and repair large transport trailers and equipment.
This position is located in Truganina (West Melbourne) and you will be hosted with a company who maintains and builds semi trailers and equipment for Heavy Haulage Trucks.
A day in the life looks like:
- Fabricate components for trailers
- Modify truck chasis/bodies
- Welding processes - including vertical & overhead
- Read and interpret drawings to bring designs to life
Why choose Migas:
- We pay you to learn! You will successfully gain a Trade qualification and become a highly sought after tradesman
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Quality training - We place you with Host employers who you will learn off highly skilled tradesman
- Host specific – You will have a fortnightly RDO
- Own vehicle and driver's license
- Dedicated to undertake a 4 year apprenticeship
- Proficient with Maths and English
- Strong knowledge/ understanding of what a Boilermaker does
- Can-do attitude and commitment to learn
- Certificate II in Engineering (highly regarded)
- Work experience within a Welding/ Boilermaking environment
- Exposure to using hand and power tools
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the job and why Boilermaking is for you!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/