Are you looking to continue you and complete your apprenticeship? Did you have a knack for welding and metalwork during school; or maybe you like spending your free time building and creating projects with your hands? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then apply now!
Completing this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication (MEM30305).
You will learn the ins and outs of fabricating a variety of steel products by developing skills in: various welding techniques (tig and mig welding), fabricating stainless and mild steel products; cutting, polishing and folding steel; reading engineering drawings; and more.
This position is located in Dandenong South and you will be hosted with a well-respected global stainless steel facility that provides mechanical design and fabrication of equipment for the dairy, brewing, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. This workplace will provide the best hands-on training and support to assist you in reaching the completion of your apprenticeship!
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Travel for work!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a current boilermaking/fabricating apprentices who is enthusiastic, a team player, are self-motivated and always one step ahead. If you think you will impress with your welding skills and are keen to learn – this could be the job for you.
- Current Driver’s Licence and reliable transport to and from work in Dandenong South
- Current and up-to-date TAFE transcript/records
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical test
- Forklift licence and white card preferred but not essential
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best Boilermaker apprentice for the job!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/