Did you have a knack for welding and metalwork during school, or maybe you like spending your free time building and creating projects with your hands? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then commencing a Boilermaking Apprenticeship could be what you’re after!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Boilermaking/ Welding).
You will learn the ins and outs of/be taught/develop the skills to successfully read and interpret drawings, weld and fabricate materials to bring design drawings to life with medium to large structural steel projects.
This position is located in Acacia Ridge and you will be hosted with a company who is well established with a large workshop, highly skilled tradesman to learn from and a supportive work culture committed to see you develop into a qualified Tradesman.
THE BEST BITS
· No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
· We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
· Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
· Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
· Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
· We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
· Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Attributes for the trade – ie. Mechanically minded, good at maths, ability to read and interpret design drawings
Attributes for the host – on time, well presented and strong commitment to successfully completing a Boilermaker Apprenticeship
· Driver’s license and own vehicle (preferably Manual)
· Strong mechanical aptitude and commitment to safety
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best candidate for this role and why a Boilermaker Apprenticeship is for you.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/