Completing your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and complete a Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication (Boilermaking) (MEM30305).
You will have the opportunity to add to your existing skills and experience while working on interesting projects in a variety of industries including resources, commercial, industrial, food & beverage, and Government.
You will be working in a workshop located in Tingalpa and also travelling to various sites across the south and north sides of Brisbane to assist in installation work.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is ideally looking for someone who is a 2nd year boilermaking apprentice and is looking to complete their apprenticeship, although they would also look at someone who has had more than 6 months in an apprenticeship and has some really good welding skills.
The ideal candidate will have the motivation to continue their learning, the ability to show initiative, with previous experience working with stainless steel products and piping an advantage.
- Own vehicle and manual driver's licence to get to work each day
- Mechanical aptitude
- Up to date TAFE transcripts
- Good safety awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- White Card
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal 2nd Year Boilermaker Apprentice.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.