Did you have a knack for welding and metalwork during school, or maybe you like spending your free time building and creating projects with your hands? If you think you’re up for a challenge and a job with variety, then a Boilermaking Apprenticeship could be what you’re after!
Undertaking this four-year Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Boilermaker and earn your (MEM30305) Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication (Boilermaking).
You will learn all aspects of Boilermaking including the use of various welding techniques on Mig and Tig welding plants and on other machinery including, pan folders, guillotine, lathes, milling machines and pipe benders. You will gain experience in both fabrication and maintenance work within the workshop and on farm areas.
This position is located in Pittsworth, QLD (West of Toowoomba) and you will be hosted with an organisation within the farm support/livestock industry that is one of Queensland’s leading providers of poultry items.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So, you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is ideally looking for someone who can communicate effectively and has the ability to work autonomously and as part as a team environment. You must have the drive, willingness to learn and a mechanical aptitude. We are looking for someone who is interested in pursuing a career within the engineering or mechanical industry, or who is looking to continue their apprenticeship. Also open to 2nd or 3rd year apprentices who want a change of environment or candidates who may have previous T/A work or grown up in a farm environment.
- Keen interest in mechanical applications
- Driver's licence
- Ability to pass a medical including Drug and Alcohol Test
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Boilermaker Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/