- Begin your career in administration!
- Complete a nationally recognised Certificate III in Business Administration
- Work within a diverse team and be mentored by professionals
Partnered with our client, we are seeking a self-motivated individual looking to further their career in administration. This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain on the job experience whilst completing a Certificate III in Business Administration over 12 months’ duration. You will develop valuable skills and hands-on experience in various business support functions whilst be mentored throughout your employment by industry leaders.
You will be trained to be responsible for duties including (but not limited to):
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- General clerical duties (emailing, photocopying, scanning, laminating, faxing and mailing)
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Create presentations, documents and reports
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Compile and update equipment dossiers
- Maintaining spreadsheets and documents
- Booking travel and accommodation where required
- Tiding/cleaning of allocated areas
- Assist our Engineering team with administrative functions
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for mature and highly organised applicants who are committed to completing a formal qualification in Business Administration. You will possess excellent time management and organisational skills; the ability to multi-task; a good attitude towards work and supporting the team; and be willing to learn and follow instructions.
You will have:
- Completed a minimum of Year 12 schooling;
- Reliable transport to and from work in Thornton;
- A good working knowledge on computer use, in particular the Microsoft Office suite;
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Friendly demeanour and ability to work within a diverse team;
- Well-developed organisational skills; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates who have previously completed work experience in an administration/office environment will be very highly regarded.
Our client is a well-respected company located in Thornton. They are a market leader in the design, manufacture, supply and overhaul of mining and industrial electrical equipment.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role/s. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
Please note that award wages apply for this position and a co-contribution may apply towards the training cost.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job. Migas is an equal opportunity employer searching for female, male, Indigenous, and entry level applicants