Completing your Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Cabinet Maker and earn a Certificate III in Cabinet Making (MSF31113).
You will be working on a variety of solid timber furniture projects including dining tables, bookcases and workstations as well as larger items such as reception counters while learning from experienced tradespeople. You will also be involved in the assembly and installation of these items.
This position is located in Eagle Farm where you will be hosted with a joinery and construction company that has been serving the business and government industries for the past 20 years.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’s annual MiScholarship awards, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Host specific – RDOs, additional training, perks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is ideally looking for someone who is either a 2nd or 3rd year cabinet making apprentice and has the passion to want to complete their apprenticeship. If you are looking to gain some different experience and the chance to complete the rest of your apprenticeship with a progressive company look no further! They would also look at a candidate who has completed more than 6 months of their first year.
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Sound mathematics skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good safety awareness
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Cabinet Maker.
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t miss the opportunity to make a great first impression – take a look at these tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.