- Respected Australian-based heavy engineering and construction company
- Earn a wage whilst completing a qualification
- Applications closing soon – apply now!
This opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations via a full-time traineeship of up to 12 months’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and training from a team of professionals and receive quality support and mentoring from your dedicated MIGAS Field Officer.
This is a fast paced role where you will be supporting the functions of a busy warehousing environment within a heavy engineering and construction company. You will be very hands-on, be ready to hit the ground running and be trained by highly experienced staff to perform duties including (but not limited to):
- Pick packing and assembling customer orders
- Assisting with the upkeep and maintenance of the warehouse
- Receiving and dispatching goods
- Checking orders for quality and quantity
- Inventory control and stock ordering
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic applicants who are highly accurate, reliable and enjoy hands-on work. You will demonstrate an excellent level of initiative and be willing to go the extra mile to impress and assist. This role will require regular manual handling duties, so a good level of physical fitness is a must.
- Have reliable transport to and from work in Tomago
- Have experience in the warehousing/logistics space (preferred)
- Have completed a Certificate III in Warehousing Operations/Logistics or related (preferred)
- Have excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday and the occasional Saturday (as required)
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of a traineeship
Applicants who hold a current forklift licence will be very highly regarded.
Our client is an integrated multi-disciplinary heavy engineering and construction provider to the metals and minerals, oil and gas, infrastructure, water and energy, as well as marine and defence markets. They pride themselves on delivering high quality service to their clients and are focused on developing their solid reputation for project delivery, while promoting a positive safety culture, a high expectation for quality and environmental awareness.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. To enquire about this position or other currently advertised opportunities, please phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
Please be aware that a co-contribution towards the training cost may be applicable for this opportunity. The details will be discussed if your application is shortlisted.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.