Does the idea of working in an office bore you? Do you prefer working outdoors, and prefer to make use of your hands working in a physical role? If so, a Civil Construction Traineeship might be for you.
Undertaking this three-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Civil Construction Worker and earn your Certificate III in Civil Construction (RII30915 - Bridge Construction and Maintenance).
You will learn the ins and outs of bridge construction and maintenance and develop the skills to carry out measurements and calculations surrounding civil construction; use hand and power tools and operate small to large plant and equipment; carry out basic levelling and surveying; form setting and steel fixing; implement traffic management plans; handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely disposal of non-toxic materials; carry out concrete work; and so much more
This position is located in Bundaberg, however expect to be working on projects all around the Wide Bay area with work in the first 12 months being in Gympie and Tin Can Bay. You will be hosted with a commercial business within the Department of Transport and Main Roads providing transport infrastructure solutions across Queensland.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most traineeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 3 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Work a 9 day fortnight – full-time hours, 7am to 4pm with a RDO every fortnight!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for someone with a genuine interest in starting a career in the civil construction industry. You need to be comfortable working outside and getting your hands dirty, have a stable employment history and have completed a minimum of Year 10 and be dedicated to safety.
- Driver’s license and own transport
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical test
- Be comfortable working at heights
- Be comfortable travelling and working in outdoor conditions
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the best Civil Construction Trainee!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/