Undertaking this three-year traineeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Civil Construction professional with expertise in Road Construction and Maintenance and earn your Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Construction and Maintenance).
This position is located in Cloncurry, QLD and you will be hosted with a Government Organisation who ensures road conditions meet compliance, maintenance and safety requirements throughout all of Queensland.
A DAY IN THE LIFE LOOKS LIKE:
- Construct, maintain and repair major roads and highways
- Operate plant and machinery
- Organise materials, subcontractors and services
- Apply standard drawing
- Use of hand and power tools
- Working outdoors in hot and remote conditions
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL MEET THE BELOW:
- Manual driver’s license (this is a necessity)
- Graduated from Grade 12 (preferred)
- Willingness to travel to remote locations
- Genuine interest in working in civil construction
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in remote and hot outdoor conditions
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Traineeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 3 years with a qualification with a highly sought after skillset
- Quality Training – Receive first class on the job training from highly skilled professionals in their field
- You get paid to learn – On the job training coupled with coursework
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor – Who will guide and support you through your traineeship
- Supplied uniforms and PPE - To ensure you are job ready
The successful person will need to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical including a drug & alcohol test before commencing.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why this is a career for you.