The chance to start or continue your Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship with a local industry leader
- Position located in Tomago
- New and continuing apprentices welcome to apply
- Achieve a nationally recognised Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a mechanically-minded individual looking to continue their apprenticeship. Working full-time Monday to Friday, you will be mentored by industry professionals while completing your Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR31116). On a day-to-day basis, your main responsibilities will to repair, service and maintain heavy trucks and machinery.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hard work, is good with power tools and has some basic servicing experience such as; filter and oil changes, as well as an interest in mechanics and seeing how things work. Most of all they will be passionate and enthusiastic about working in this field, with the right attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to impress. In addition to this the ideal candidate will have:
- Be a current 3rd or 4th year apprentice
- A valid drivers licence with reliable transport
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Be ready to take on challenging physical work in a demanding environment
- Have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical tasks
- Be able to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday
- Pride yourself on being on time, every time
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of an Apprenticeship
Applicants with a mechanical background in automotive or with heavy machinery will be highly regarded.
Our client is a well-established heavy vehicle workshop located in Tomago NSW. They conduct various services to both trucks and trailer, accompanied with being an inspection station, carrying out all types of services, repairs and procedures such as SLP inspections, Hydrostatic, testing and Hatch and Vent inspections.
To apply please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.