Do you have an interest in building or creating? Do you possess an eye for design, and pride yourself on your technical abilities using computer software? Transform your expertise into a trade career with this Drafting Traineeship.
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Draftsman and earn your Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting.
You will develop the skills to produce detailed drawings according to engineering designs and required Australian Standards. You will also use computer-aided design (CAD) software programs to produce models, drawings and schematics for structural steel, balustrades and handrails.
The position is located in Smeaton Grange and you will be hosted with our client who specialises in Mechanical & Structural Design and Drafting
THE BEST BITS
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for applicants who have a high level of competency with computer software. You will have a genuine interest in pursuing a career as a successful draftsperson, as there will be opportunity to be trained in programming and binary codes. Furthermore, you will be committed to completing all practical and theory based study requirements of a traineeship. You will demonstrate an excellent level of initiative, great problem-solving skills and be willing to go the extra mile to impress.
- Have completed a minimum of Year 12 schooling.
- Have reliable transport to and from work in Smeaton Grange on a full-time basis.
- Have intermediate computer skills and be confident with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Have excellent attention to detail and take pride in completing tasks with a high level of accuracy. Have professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants who have previous experience using CAD software or similar design hardware will be highly regarded.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Drafting Trainee!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/