- Begin an apprenticeship with long term prospects
- A beloved Australian brand
- Variety of exposure to ensure you become an excellent trades-person
Partnered with our client, we are looking for a motivated go-getter looking to start their apprenticeship as an Electrician at a giant Australian business. This is an ideal role for anyone who is keen to work alongside a team of technical specialists and are driven to secure a long future. Over four years you will be mentored and work towards completing a Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician (UEE 30811). On a day to day basis you will work installing, maintaining, repairing, modifying, commissioning, and testing various plant equipment in a central location.
On a day-to-day basis, your main responsibilities will include:
- Running wires
- Switchboard repairs
- Fault finding
- Running circuits
- Attending to breakdowns
- Testing and tagging
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys practical and physical work, and who has a genuine interest in learning the trade. You will be motivated, mature minded, reliable and have strong communication skills. You will also be someone who is willing to work with a variety of people and not be afraid to get stuck into the job at hand. In addition to these qualities, you will possess the following requirements:
- Valid drivers licence with reliable transport
- Year 12 Certificate or equivalent;
- Have excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Enjoy hard work and have high maths skills
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical
- Be reliable for full-time working hours Monday to Friday (7am – 3.30pm)
- Be committed to completing and passing all practical and theory-based study requirements of a traineeship
Our client is an Australian biscuit icon located in Virginia. In 1865, a small bakery opened on Hunter Street in Newcastle, NSW. It supplied bread, pies and biscuits to the local people and to the crews of the many ships that docked at the port to load coal. From these humble beginnings rose a company whose name is now synonymous with Australia’s favourite biscuits.
Please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. MIGAS is an equal opportunity employer and actively advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and women in trades.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.