- Join BOC - Australia and New Zealand’s largest gas solutions company.
- Work with modern equipment in a brand new facility
- Gain experience in industrial electrical maintenance
This full-time opportunity will allow you to complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician via an apprenticeship of 4 years’ duration. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, skills and support and have the potential to secure a long-term career with BOC Australia - the industry leader in industrial gases. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work alongside highly skilled tradesmen to perform electrical repairs, servicing and maintenance on gas manufacturing and gas cylinder filling equipment. Based in Wetherill Park, you will be working in BOC’s gas filling facility and have exposure to their newly installed, modern automation systems. You will also have the opportunity to be put through your Forklift and Elevated Work Platform tickets during your apprenticeship.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for enthusiastic and technically-minded candidates who are committed to developing their electrical trade career through the completion of an apprenticeship. You will have a strong aptitude for mathematics and take pride in completing detailed tasks accurately and to a high standard. You will have an enthusiasm to learn and be able to demonstrate maturity and a ‘safety first’ attitude within an industrial environment.
- Hold a current driver’s licence with your own reliable transport.
- Have a minimum of Year 10 schooling completion with a high performance in mathematics. Have a strong aptitude for detailed, technical tasks.
- Have the ability to visually distinguish between colour-coded wiring.
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be reliable, self-motivated and willing to work.
- Be comfortable to perform physical work in sometimes demanding conditions.
- Be committed to attending TAFE and passing all practical and theory-based training requirements of an apprenticeship.
Applicants who have completed relevant pre-apprenticeship training or work experience within the electrical trade will be very highly regarded.
As part of Australia and New Zealand’s largest gas solutions company, BOC provides comprehensive, ongoing maintenance, installation and service support for both their own, and customer-owned gas equipment. They are currently maintaining over 3,000 different types of equipment in the South Pacific region, and all of their installation and service work is carried out according to strict safety standards.
To apply complete, the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role. To enquire about this role or other currently advertised positions phone our recruitment team on 1300 464 427.
At MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees we are driven by a single purpose – to champion Australia’s skilled trade sector by connecting future apprentices and trainees with the right job.