Are you tech savvy and fascinated by all things electrical? Do you complete electrical projects during school and find yourself drawn to tinkering with electronics? If you have an investigative and mathematical mind with a sharp eye for detail, an Electrical School-based Apprenticeship could be the job for you!
Undertaking this 12 month apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to start your Electrical Apprenticeship and be on your way to gaining your Cert III in Electrical Fitting.
You will learn the ins and outs of a first year apprentice by assisting with tasks such as fault finding, component change outs, general maintenance & repair as well as general workshop cleaning on a variety of minesite equipment and machinery.
This position is located in Middlemount and you will be hosted with a well-known, global Mining company.
THE BEST PARTS:
- No HECs Debt – Apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government.
- We pay you to learn – How many of your mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor – Who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship
- Free uniforms and PPE – To ensure you are job ready when you start with MIGAS
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- Currently attending high school
- Reside within the Middlemount region
- Demonstrates positivity and willingness to work in a team
- Committed attitude towards undertaking a school-based apprenticeship with a genuine desire to take up the challenge that comes with this trade
- High level of safety awareness
- Positive attitude towards learning
- Be committed and dedicated to completing this school based apprenticeship
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: