Are you tech savvy and fascinated by all things electrical? If you have an investigative mind, are a maths whiz and an eye for detail, an Electrical Apprenticeship could be the one for you!
Undertaking this four-year apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Electrician and earn your Certificate III in Electrotechnology.
You will develop the skills of an Electrician by assisting qualified tradespeople in the installation and maintenance of overhead lighting for various sporting associations and local councils in the South East region of Queensland.
This company position is located in Arana Hills in Brisbane and you will be hosted with the leader in the installation and maintenance of specialised lighting for sporting fields and public spaces.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECS-HELP debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt, and ready to work in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks.
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship.
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS.
- Potential to be selected for a MIGAS annual MiScholarship award, resulting in a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support.
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Our client is looking for someone who has a high work ethic, is reliable and motivated to learn, and committed to a four year apprenticeship. Previous experience or a Certificate II in Electrotechnology would be looked upon favourably. Our client is also willing to consider a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year apprentice who is looking to complete their apprenticeship as well.
- Driver's licence
- White Card, EWP
- COVID-19 double vaccinated
- Well presented and good communicator
- Ability to pass a pre employment medical, D&A and police check.
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the ideal Electrical Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – check out some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter.