Are you tech savvy and fascinated by all things electrical? Did you complete electrical projects during school or at TAFE and found yourself drawn to tinkering with electronics and want the chance to work on and understand bigger projects on an industrial or commercial scale? If you have an investigative mind, are a maths whizz and an eye for detail, an Electrical Machine Repair Apprenticeship could be the one for you!
Undertaking this Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to become a qualified Electrical Fitter and earn your Certificate III in Electrical Fitting.
You will develop the skills to perform repairs, maintenance, and fit outs on industrial machinery. Based in Geelong, you will learn to manufacture, fit, assemble, operate, test, fault find, alter and repair electrical equipment in a workshop setting.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability digital platform.
THE BEST BITS
- No HECs Debt – in fact, most apprenticeships are fully funded by the Government. So you will leave your 4 years with a qualification, no debt and ready to earn the big bucks in an industry that is eager for more qualified tradespeople to join their ranks;
- We will actually pay you to learn! How many of your Uni mates get paid to study?
- Potential to be selected for one of MIGAS’ annual MiScholarship funding, a combination of a cash prize and additional financial support;
- Your own personal MIGAS mentor who will guide you through your apprenticeship; and
- Free uniforms and PPE when you start with MIGAS;
- We are a culturally diverse employer and actively advocate for local Indigenous Australians and women in trades
- Opportunity to become permanent post apprenticeship.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We’re looking for respectful and motivated candidates who are committed to developing their electrical fitting trade career and completing an apprenticeship. You will take pride in completing all tasks accurately and to a high standard, as well as having an aptitude for mathematics. You will have a passion for the work, an enthusiasm to learn and enjoy working in a social environment with a good team.
- Current Driver's Licence/reliable transport
- White Card
- Pass a pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol test
If you think this could be you – apply online now by submitting your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the Electrical Machine Repair Apprentice!
Not sure what to say in a cover letter? Don’t sell yourself short – visit our website for some great tips on how to write a stand-out cover letter: https://www.migas.com.au/news/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/